CareSource In Indiana
There is a new Continuing Education requirement by the state of Indiana. Please see below for their communication.
As part of the 2023 State Medicaid Agency Contract (SMAC) requirement outlined below, the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) has confirmed that the D-SNP CEU training course is completed and ready for agent participation. Once an agent completes the course, they will receive an email confirming completion. Also, within seven days of course completion, their CEU credits will be uploaded to the Sircon system. CareSource also wants to note that course completion is attendance based. If the agent attends the course for the allotted time, they will pass.
“All MAO agents that enroll dual-eligible members for the MAO’s Indiana D-SNP during the contract year must complete a three (3) hour D-SNP course developed and approved by the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) that will count for three (3) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits. The course must be completed by all MAO agents doing work for the MAO before the end of CY2023.
Upon completion of the course, the MAO must require its agents to maintain a record of successful course completion and to be able to make that available upon MAO request. The MAO and the State shall subsequently make good faith efforts to establish an appropriate method of tracking and auditing course completion for its agents for CY2023. The State reserves the right to request access to these records at any time and for any purpose.
All MAO agents enrolling members into an Indiana D-SNP during the current contract year must complete the required D-SNP course within the contract year regardless and must retake it every two years thereafter.”
Upon completion of this course, please send a PDF of your completion email/certificate to
- Why does the course need to be taken?
- The course is a requirement through the SMAC.
- Who needs to take this course?
- ALL agents, even agents that reside outside of Indiana, that wish to sell DSNP plans in Indiana.
- What is the requirement for agents contracted with multiple health plans?
- If an agent is contracted with multiple Indiana DSNP health plans, they only need to take the course once. The CEU credit will apply to all plans/companies they serve.
- Does this CEU course need to be completed before an agent can assist Indiana members?
- No, the course must be completed by the end of the calendar year in which they sell plans.
- How often does the course need to be taken?
- The course must be repeated every 2 years.
If you have any questions, call us today at 866-568-9649!