New MFA Requirement to access the CMS Enterprise Portal
Starting in early June, currently registered and new Marketplace agents and brokers will need to begin setting up and utilizing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to access the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov.
This step is critical for users enrolling consumers through the Classic Direct Enrollment (DE) pathway. If you do not set up an MFA device, you will not be able to log in to HealthCare.gov after being redirected from a private website.
How to set it up:
CMS also encourages users to set up multiple MFA methods and confirm that all contact information, including the email in their agent/broker profile, is up-to-date to avoid interruptions in CMS system access. You will then be able to select any of the five methods listed below:
- SMS Authentication: Users enter a code texted to their phone.
- Email Authentication: Users enter a code sent in an email.
- Google Authenticator: Users enter a code from their Google Authenticator app.
- Okta Verify: Users enter a code from their Okta Verify app.
- Voice Call Authentication (Interactive Voice Response – IVR): Users receive a phone call from a computer-operated phone system.