Why Your Aetna Clients With The OTC Assistance Benefit Should Be Ordering Online
Here's a helpful guide for the best practices for clients using their OTC Assistance benefit.
Ordering online or via the phone is preferred, but your clients may use a store listed through the store locator.
The possible pitfalls of the in-person experience:
- The store may not be actively working on having the new labels on the shelves
- The store may not be aware of their participation as an in-person vendor
- There are no "back orders/rainchecks" in the event the item is sold out at the time of visit in-person
How it works:
- Members use their Member ID card for OTC orders. The member card has a QR code on it that the store uses for the transaction.
- Members receive an OTC catalog within two weeks of enrollment.
- Members should order OTC items either online or by telephone. You may also want to check the list of approved CVS (only) stores that allow for OTC benefit shopping. (Many CVS stores don't have floor space to house OTC products.)
If you have any questions, call us today at 866-568-9649!